The taste of lemon in this French cheesecake recipe goes perfectly with the subtle citrusy notes of Kronenbourg 1664. This recipe is incredibly easy as it doesn’t require any baking – simply let it set in the fridge. It’s a great dessert to prepare the day before you need it, making your gathering as easy as possible.
This French cheesecake recipe uses delicious fromage frais, which is available from most supermarkets. This classic French ingredient is a very mild, soft cheese – perfect for lending your cheesecake a Taste Suprême!
IngredientsNumber of servings – 10
- • 175g crushed digestive biscuits
- • 50g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- • 100g caster sugar
- • 200g cream cheese
- • 200g plain fromage frais
- • 300ml double cream
- • Juice and zest of 1 lemon
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan, then stir in the crushed biscuits.
2. Firmly press the biscuit mixture into a loose-bottomed cake tin – remember to grease the bottom with a little extra butter first. Chill for around an hour.
3. Combine the cream cheese with the sugar in a large bowl.
4. Whisk the cream in another bowl, ensuring it’s as thick as possible.
5. Fold in the fromage frais and the cream cheese, as well as the lemon juice.
6. Allow the cheesecake to set in the fridge. (This may take a few hours – we recommend leaving it overnight.)
7. Scatter with the lemon zest before serving.
Tip: Put a twist on this French cheesecake recipe by topping it with fruit or jam rather than lemon zest.
Did you enjoy making this simple French cheesecake? Share it and let your family and friends know about the recipe. Bon appétit!