Goose is a popular meat in Alsace during the festive season. That’s why we’ve used it as the inspiration for these four-ingredient canapés, the perfect thing to serve at your next Christmas gathering.
These goose canapés feature sweet cranberry sauce for an extra festive twist. Put them on the table as part of a selection of party foods, or serve them as starters to whet your guests’ appetites. However you choose to serve these delicious canapés, make sure it’s with a bottle of ice-cold Kronenbourg 1664 for A Suprême Taste.
IngredientsNumber of servings – 16 canapés
- • 8 medium-cut slices of fresh wholegrain loaf, halved
- • Jar cranberry sauce
- • Jar goose pâté
- • Handful fresh parsley (optional)
- Lightly toast the bread slices under a grill.
- Using a spoon, arrange some of the goose pâté on top of each toasted canapé. (For a neater look, try piping the pâté through a cone of greaseproof paper with a small hole cut in the bottom.)
- Add a generous portion of cranberry sauce on each of the canapés.
- Add a sprig of parsley if you wish for a finished look.
Tip: Make a selection of canapés featuring different types of pâté for an impressive party platter. Alternatively, if you have any leftover goose from a roast dinner, try shredding it and use this on the canapés rather than the pâté.
Have you enjoyed these Christmas goose canapés? Share the recipe with your friends!