Discover Kronenbourg 1664 tasting guide recipes and learn to make these caramelised red onion and goat’s cheese tartines. This French recipe uses fresh ingredients to really bring out the flavour of French cuisine. Use délicieux French goat’s cheese to enhance every bite of this simple, easy-to-make recipe. We recommend pairing these French tartines with the citrusy flavours of Kronenbourg 1664 and enjoying them as a starter or light snack. Read on to find out how to make a deliciously simple goat’s cheese tartine.
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 100g fresh goat’s cheese
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- A few sprigs of thyme
1. Heat the olive oil on a medium heat in a sauté pan or frying pan, then add the onion.
2. Cook on a low heat for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally so the onions don’t stick.
3. Add the balsamic vinegar and cook for a further 5 minutes.
4. Once the onions are cooked, set aside and lightly toast the sliced bread in a toaster or under the grill.
5. Spoon the caramelised onions onto each slice of toast and top evenly with the goat’s cheese.
6. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with thyme before serving.
Enjoy with a chilled bottle of Kronenbourg 1664 for a true taste suprême!
Don’t forget to share this delicious goat’s cheese recipe with your friends and family.