Enjoy the taste of Kronenbourg 1664 beer with Munster cheese from the French region of Alsace in this distinctive French-inspired cheese fondue recipe. Made from milk produced by cows living in the Alsace region, Munster cheese has a creamy texture that’s perfect for melting with Kronenbourg 1664.
Enjoy this rich cheese dish with Toulouse sausages for a simple fondue à la française that can be enjoyed with friends and family, whatever the occasion.
Read on to discover our favourite cheese fondue recipe for a taste suprême.
- 275ml of Kronenbourg 1664
- 250g of Munster cheese
- A drop of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 6 Toulouse sausages, cooked
- Salt and pepper to season
1. Bring the Kronenbourg 1664 to the boil over medium-high heat in a fondue pot or a saucepan.
2. Add the Munster cheese one handful at a time, stirring continuously until melted.
3. Stir the Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce in to the mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Cut the Toulouse sausages into small, bite-size pieces.
5. Keep the cheese fondue pot over a heat source to keep it hot.
6. Use long forks to dip the Toulouse sausages into the melted cheese… and enjoy!
Tip: This cheese fondue can be refrigerated for up to 2 days and rewarmed. If you’re not a fan of sausages, use pieces of baguette, pretzels or extra cheese to dip into the fondue pot.
Bon Appétit! Don’t forget to share this delicious cheese fondue recipe with your friends and family.