If you want to add a twist to your roast chicken, try this simple and delicious beer can chicken recipe. A can of Kronenbourg 1664 infuses the meat with subtle flavour and prevents the chicken from drying out as it cooks, while the addition of olive oil and your favourite dry spice rub creates a crispy skin.
You can serve this beer can chicken with a huge variety of sides, from buttery jacket potatoes to crisp salads. It’s also a great option for entertaining friends at short notice, as it only takes four ingredients to turn a chicken into A Taste Suprême!
IngredientsNumber of servings – 4
- 1 chicken (without giblets)
- Splash of olive oil
- 440ml can of Kronenbourg 1664
- 3 tbsp dry spice rub
- Preheat the oven to 200oC/Gas Mark 6.
- Drizzle the chicken with olive oil, then sprinkle the dry spice rub onto the chicken and make sure it is rubbed in.
- Open the can of Kronenbourg 1664 and tip out two thirds (we recommend pouring it into a glass and enjoying!). Put the can on a roasting tray and sit the chicken on the can. The can should be inside the chicken, so the chicken is standing.
- Cook the chicken for 25 minutes per 500g, plus an extra 25 minutes… then serve with your favourite sides!
Tip: This beer can chicken can also be made on the barbecue. Prepare your chicken in exactly the same way, but place it on the barbecue grill instead, ensuring it isn’t directly above a flame.
If you’re entertaining, why not prepare a variety of sides and let friends help themselves? Bon appétit!