Make vol-au-vents the plat du jour at your next get-together. This crowd-pleaser is a delicious French-inspired recipe featuring cheese, mushrooms, garlic, and the taste of Kronenbourg 1664 for a modern twist. Enjoy with friends at parties or even as a starter to your main course. These small but robust mushroom vol-au-vents are easy to make and are filled with delicious flavours that complement the crisp notes of Kronenbourg 1664.Read on to find out how to make our simple mushroom vol-au-vents.
- 300g closed cup mushrooms
- 150g cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon of chopped parsley
- 350g puff pastry
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Splash of KRONENBOURG 1664
- Splash of olive oil
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/gas mark 5 and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to approximately 5mm thick.
- Use a small circular cutter to cut out 12 circles in the pastry.
- Place the pastry circles on the baking tray and prick them several times with a fork.
- Beat the egg and brush the pastry circles.
- Bake the pastry on the top shelf of the oven for about 12 minutes until puffed up, crisp and golden. Once cooked, remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Chop the mushrooms, peel and finely slice the garlic and grate in the cheddar cheese.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and add the mushrooms and garlic with a splash of KRONENBOURG 1664.
- For the vol-au-vents, cut a very thin layer off the top of each pastry circle and use your knife to carefully hollow out a hole in each one.
- Place the cooked mushrooms inside the pastry cases and sprinkle each one with cheese.
- Put the vol-au-vents under the grill for 30 seconds, then remove.
- Serve with the chopped parsley.
Enjoy your vol-au-vents with an ice-cold KRONENBOURG 1664. Now that’s what we call a Taste Suprême!
Tip: If you don’t have time to make your own vol-au-vent cases you can buy them ready-made. Why not try adding a different mix to your vol-au-vents too?